This Kay Jewelers credit card review uncovers the pros and cons of this store branded card, with a detailed breakup of rewards, financing options, interest rates, fees, and much more. Besides, you will find out how to submit your application or how to log in to your card account online. After all, you can read and submit your own reviews about this card in the comments below.
Kay Jewelers Credit Card Review
So, this credit card from Kay Jewelers is designed for those customers, who need to make large purchases at Kay Jewelers. Even though the rewards of this credit card are not that impressive, there may be situations when getting this credit card might be a good idea. Let’s learn about this credit card in this Kay Jewelers credit card review in detail.
In the first place, one has to say that this is a store branded credit card, which means that you can use it only at Kay Jewelers stores. Another thing to point out is that this is a subprime credit card. That actually implies that you don’t need a high credit score in order to get this credit card. At the same time, you will have to put up with high interest rates too – this is also typical for subprime credit cards.
Unfortunately, this credit card doesn’t come with any decent rewards. Basically, the only thing that you can get from this credit card is a special financing period for 12 or 36 months. Special financing means that you will pay little or no interest for that purchase. However, your purchase must be at least $500 or $3,000 accordingly. Besides, if you miss a payment on your purchase, the card’s purchase APR (which varies from 17.00% to 24.99%) will be applied to the entire sum of your purchase.
The company also offers special offers and discounts on your card anniversary day and birthday. So, one can actually sum up that you should get this credit card only if you need cheap financing for purchases at Key Jewelers. But obviously, other credit cards from Comenity Bank – such as the Victoria’s Secret credit card – offer far more decent rewards. So, for any other purpose than financing your purchases, you should look for another credit card on the market.
Apply for Kay Jewelers Credit Card
So, if you need a special financing period at Kay Jewelers, you may consider applying for this credit card. As you may see from this section, the entire application process is quite simple. So, this is how you can submit your credit card application step by step:
- First of all, you should click on the following button in order to launch the website of Comenity Bank:
- Then, you should click on the “Get Prequalified” button, which you notice in the center of the page.
- On the next page, you should click on the black “GET PREQUALIFIED NOW” button in order to proceed further.
- Following it, you will get to see the page with an application form. So, you have to fill it out in order to apply for this credit card. Provide your first and last name, home address with zip code and all other necessary information.
- At the end of that page, you will get to see the terms and conditions. Read them carefully before proceeding further. Eventually, check the box near the “I’m not a robot” field and click on the “I AGREE” button.
- On the next page, you should review your details and choose which card you would like to get. Then, click on the “CONTINUE” button.
- Eventually, you will get to see a notification, saying that you have just submitted your application. Then, you should wait until you will hear from Comenity Bank or Kay Jewelers.
Kay Jewelers Credit Card Login
If you already have this credit card and you have activated it for online use, that means that you can use this card online. In particular, this allows you to make a payment on your card online or check your current balance. But for that, you should log in to your card account online, and this is how you can do it in a quick way:
- In the first place, you should launch the website of Comenity Bank by clicking on this button:
- On that page, you will get to see the Kay Jewelers credit card login form – it is placed right on the left. So, that is the place where you can sign in to your account.
- At first, you should enter your username in the first field of that form.
- Next, you have to type your password in the next field.
- Besides, you may also save your username for future sessions – you should check the box near “Remember Me” for that purpose.
- Once you are done with all that, you can click on the “Sign In” button. After that, you will access your card account online right away.
Kay Jewelers Credit Card Payment
At the present time, there are three ways how you can pay your Kay Jewelers card: online, by phone call, and by mail. In this section of our article, we will disclose each of these ways.
First of all, the easiest way to pay your credit card from Kay Jewelers is to do so online. For that purpose, you should follow the instructions from the “Login” section above and sign in to your account. Then, you will be able to make a payment right there.
Another way to make a payment is by mail. For that purpose, you can mail your payment to the following address:
Comenity Capital Bank
P.O. Box 659728
San Antonio, TX 78265-9728
After all, you can make a payment by phone call (for which, however, you might be charged a fee). For that purpose, you should call one of the following numbers: TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788 or (855) 506-2499.
Credit Card Alternatives
Here, you can see worthwhile alternatives to this credit card. Even though some of these credit cards require a higher credit score, the benefits far outweigh those of the Kay Jewelers card, too.
Discover It Secured Credit Card
Discover It Cash Back Card
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card
Q: What is a Kay Jewelers credit card?
Basically, this is a store branded credit card, created by Kay Jewelers in cooperation with Comenity Bank. Primarily, all this credit card might give you is a special financing period for purchases at Kay Jewelers.
Q: How does Kay Jewelers credit card work?
After you have received a credit card, you may make a purchase worth of $500 or $3,000 or more and get a special financing period for 12 or 36 months respectively. This means that you will pay a very low or no interest on that purchase. However, if you miss a single payment, then the actual APR (which tends to start from 17% per annum) will be applied to the entire sum.
Q: Who issues Kay Jewelers credit card?
As we have pointed out above, Comenity Bank issues credit cards from Kay Jewelers.
Q: Who takes Kay Jewelers credit card?
Since this credit card is not connected to any major network, you can use it only at the Kay Jewelers stores.
Q: Where can I use my Kay Jewelers credit card?
Well, you can read above that only Kay Jewelers stores accept this credit card.
Q: What does a Kay Jewelers credit card look like?
As a matter of fact, you may check out how this card looks like at the top of this page.
Q: What credit score do you need for a Kay Jewelers credit card?
So, we recommend your credit score to start from 605 before you will apply for this credit card. However, customers even with much lower credit have been accepted, too.
Q: How easy is it to get a Kay Jewelers credit card?
Since you are likely to be accepted even with a credit score of 605, it would be safe to say that it tends to be quite easy to get this credit card. Besides, it is even more beneficial that you can pre-qualify for this credit card – this means that even if you will not be accepted, your credit score will not be lowered.
Q: How to apply for Kay Jewelers credit card?
In fact, the entire application process is quite simple and straightforward. In order to see how to apply for this card step by step, please follow the guidelines from the “Application” section of this page.
Q: How to pay Kay Jewelers credit card?
As we have pointed out above, there are three common ways to pay this credit card: online, by phone, and by mail. In fact, you can find out how to do it in detail by looking up the “Payment” section above.
Q: What is the interest rate on Kay Jewelers credit card?
At the present time, the interest rate on this credit card is from 17.00% to 24.99% variable. However, the card issuer may change the terms at any time.
Q: How to cancel Kay Jewelers credit card?
In order to close your credit card from Kay Jewelers, you should call one of the following phone numbers: TDD/TTY 1-800-695-1788 or (855) 506-2499. Then, you should ask the operator to cancel your credit card and follow the guidelines.